Dry eyes are caused by an imbalance in the composition of tears or if your tear ducts do not produce enough tears to your their eyes comfortably lubricated. This could be due to age, eyelid problems, environmental factors or hormonal changes.
What are the Symptoms of Dry Eye Syndrome?
• A stinging, burning or scratchy sensation in your eyes.
• Stringy mucus in or around your eyes.
• Sensitivity to light.
• Eye redness.
• A sensation of having something in your eyes.
• Difficulty wearing contact lenses.
• Difficulty with nighttime driving.
• Watery eyes, which is the body's response to the irritation of dry eyes.
Our Dry Eye Treatment
Our Tixel® Dry Eyes treatment utilises Thermo-Mechanical Ablation TMA® – a non-laser treatment technology that is unique within Namibia.
The treatment involves a transfer of thermal energy to the skin around the eyes, quickly and safely, to correct dry eyes by increasing lubrication and reducing tear evaporation.
We work in close conjunction with Olympia Eye & Laser Centre to ensure the best support and progress during this course of treatment